Thursday, April 8, 2010

JoeMaj's "Thinking Out Loud" about Baseball 2010

An editors note from Good Ol' Schmoe: Hello Good People! We are back! More Tales from the North Coast. Today, we would like to introduce our new Sports Director {good people, JoeMaj. JoeMaj, good people} and let him give his own special edited stream of consciousness on the beginning of baseball season and other sports that we follow here on the North Coast (and whatever else pops into his head). Enjoy. Happy Spring to you as well.

The 2010 Baseball season is upon us! So, here, bullets!
  • My picks for the World Series are Tigers-Phillies.
  • A.L. Rookie of the Year-Scott Sizemore or Austin Jackson
  • A.L. MVP-Miguel Cabrera or Maggs.
  • A.L. Cy Young-Justin Verlander or Rick Porcello
  • A.L. Fireman of the Year-Jose Valverde (As if it would be someone else)
  • First Base Coach Of The Year-Tom Brookins.
  • Bullshitter Of The Year- "The Author of this Column".
GOS Editor's note: Anyone guess the North Coast baseball team is? The Detroit Tigers of course. We also are very much interested in the University of Michigan you may need to know. And it should also be noted that neither JoeMaj nor the Tales from the North Coast staff subscribe to the unhealthy emotion of "hate", unless, you know, it is deserved. Seriously, we don't hate, but sometimes we act like we do. Back to JoeMaj....

But seriously...
  • When Mom made Tuna Casserole did you like it?......I did.
  • Craig Roh and Cameron Gordon are getting rave reviews for their Spring Ball performance........I'm sure Jim Harbaugh will enjoy coaching them in 2011.
  • Did Tom Izzo make a deal with the devil???? 6 Final Fours in 12 years and they win a title in 2000 while playing 2 games at home (The Palace). I hate him.
  • And speaking of hate......Jim Tressel.
  • Things I love......Rainbows and Butterflies.......Babies Laughing.......Popcorn at the movies and an Ohio State Buckeye fan writhing in pain.
  • Should the Lions draft Ndomekong Suh with the #2 pick? I say "Kong" will look good in Honolulu Blue and Silver.......if that is possible.
  • The Pistons suck.....there......I said it.
  • Can Jimmy Howard take the Wings deep into the playoffs??? I say.....not this year.
  • If I were a dog I would be an English Bulldog....You?
  • I like P.F. Changs....It really tastes good.
  • Why does John Beilein recruit so many "Crackers"......I don't get it.
  • Speaking of Crackers.....Ritz or Saltines???
  • Michigan fans need to find the Witch Doctor in Columbus and East Lansing.
  • Lloyd Carr reminded me of Jimmy Stewart......and Rich Rodriguez reminds me of Randy Quaid's character in the Vacation Movie's, "Cousin Eddie"......."Shitters Full".
  • You ever look at the Moon? It's really interesting.
  • My 2010 Michigan football prediction......They should finish at least 8 and 4 but they won't.
  • Deep thought for the week........Is there life on another planet? If so, do they like Spaghetti?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.